Re: Hammorite Paint

To: fbridges@mindspring.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hammorite Paint
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:57:02 -0700
Forrest,

I used Hammorite on my frame.  I bought the quart cans and thinned it down
a bit.  I took notes of what my gun pressure was and the speed of the mixed
paint through a cup.  I will dig them out and post them to you.

I shot the paint on the raw frame (it was sandblasted) with good results.

Later,

Dave,
San Diego,
1970 TR6 CP51649
 _______________________________________
|   ___  __      _ _  _  _  __          |
|    |   |_\  |  | |  |\/|  |_\  |_|    |
|    |   |\   |  |_|  |  |  |    | |    |
|_______________________________________|
   \                                 /
    \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N   /
     \_____________________________/

Everyone,
I have finnally found a True Value store that can order Hammorite paint for
me.  I have a few questions for everyone.  I am planning to paint my frame
with black hammorite and waxoil the inside of it (it has been chemically
dipped).  Any major problems using this type of paint?  Can I buy the paint
in quarts and spray it with a paint sprayer using my compressor?  If so, do
I need to use thinner with the paint?  Should I prime the frame before
using hammorite?  I would appreciate any help that you all might can give
me.
Forrest W. Bridges
Alabama Forestry Association
555 Alabama Street