Six pack information/GT6+ Valve cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Six pack information/GT6+ Valve cover
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: All listers;

Does anyone have an address, phone and web site (if applicable) for Six Pack?
I saw  the info in a magazine lately but now can't seem to find it. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. TIA

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had ordered an aluminum valve cover from
TRF. There seemed to be a lack of information available from TRF regarding
this cover. Their catalog stated that it fit TR6's and GT6 Mk2 and 3 but when
I received the package it had a sticker on it that said "does not fit GT6".
The valve cover was made in the UK. Yesterday I checked the vlave cover to
bonnet clearance with a piece of clay and found the clearance on the stock
cover to be 3/4"+. The aluminum cover sits 3/8" higher than the stock cover,
so there is still clearance. I even checked the clearance on the nifty chrome
nuts that hold the new cover in place. No problem. The crankcase vent
connection is even in the proper place. So, for anyone contemplating this
accessory for a GT6+, go for it. It looks great in black paint but I sanded
the ribs so that the bare aluminum shows......that looks better and the
maintenance will be less than a polished aluminum cover.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Winnipeg MB Canada