RE: 12.41.05 step 12

To: "'Kristina Turner'" <turner@public.se>
Subject: RE: 12.41.05 step 12
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:03:56 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Adam,

        Have you tried the rope trick yet?  Pull your plugs, bring the #1
cylinder to bottome dead center, or thereabouts.  Get yourself a good length of
rope, preferably nylon so as not to leave sisal strands behind.  Fill the #1
cylinder with one end of the rope, insert the other end into the #4 cylinder.
Try to put fairly equal amounts in to each cylinder.  Using large wrench or
pipe wrench, turn the main cranckshaft nut, compressing the rope with the
pistons, until this compression causes the head to break loose.  Works well, at
least on previously running motors that aren't completely siezed.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill,CA