Re: New to list & looking for a used Triumph.

To: curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: New to list & looking for a used Triumph.
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:44:28 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
     Joe,

     Welcome to the World of Triumph scions... I am a one-year LBC owner, a
     73 TR6 which I bought 'used'... (I could write a book, which no one
     would read, about a definition of 'used' for my TR6.)

     My comments are as follows:

     First: You came to the best place to start, the Digest,  keep reading
     and check out the things that interest you.  Don't be afraid to
     contact listers, they are more than willing to offer advice and the
     encouragement we all need at times of frustration.

     Second: Arm yourself NOW with the parts manuals from the Roadster
     Factory (TRF) and later with as many other manuals as you can
     find/afford, (Bentley, Haynes, Factory(TRF) etc.).

     Third: Find local Scions, I'm sure the network of contacts will
     respond, and join 6-Pack and VTR for numerous benefits & contacts.
     They really are 'lurking' all around.  Work toward attending next
     year's 6-Pack trials in Princeton.  As I have said, these are friendly
     folk which will welcome you, regardless of your mode of
     transportation. (Work-in-Progress is welcome)

     Crass Commercials on >

     The Roadster Factory:

     Phone TRF at:
          800 234-1104 for ordering catalogues and parts.
     Phone TRF at:
          814 446-4491 for discussing technical problems.
     Reach TRF by Fax at:
          814 446-6729 for parts orders, questions, problems, etc..
     Reach us by e-mail at:
          info@the-roadster-factory.com for miscellaneous communications.

     6_Pack:

     Anyone with an interest in the Triumph TR6 or TR250 may join 6-Pack.
     Annual dues are $20 for US. To join, send your check or money order to
     6-Pack, 1996 Four Seasons, Akron, OH 44333.

     Vintage Triumph Register:

     Vintage Triumph Register has good newsletters and a wealth of on line
     information maintained by Ken Streeter.  Dues are $25.  Mail to: VTR-E
     - New Membership, 15218 West Warren Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.

     Crass Commercials off >

     Lastly: Look for a sound frame and good body, these are expensive! to
     repair. Give a Scion the privilege of inspecting your find before you
     spend, '... an ounce of prevention ...' and all that stuff. Don't let
     your heart fall too early, there are good cars out there.  An
     overdrive car is a premium catch.

     I look forward to hearing of your progress

     Murry Mercier
     73 TR6 CF10027U(O)
     with 4k more miles than before...