Re: Fwd: TR6 frame resto.

To: Haeg1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: TR6 frame resto.
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:28:26 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Haeg1@aol.com wrote:

> ---------------------

John,

Having used the Sandblasting method on my  Spit, I am all in favor of
that method.  However, the Spit chassis has all sides exposed (with the
exception of small portions of the outriders), so sandblasting all
surfaces is not particulatly difficult.  Getting through years of built
up muck and grease was, however.

As somebody mentioned in a recent thread, getting all the residual sand
out of the nooks and crannies is imperifive.  When you start painting,
it will magically reappear.  And don't you just love it when your fresh
smoothe frame starts to look like the safety surface of a diving board?

If you have a compressor, you can buy an inexpensive hand-held gravety
feed blaster and do it yourself.  I got mine from "Northern Supply"
(http//www.northern-online.com).

Make sure before you start that you have a good hood (keeps sand out of
your ears and hair) and enough area that the sand won't afflict things
you had not intended.

Good luck,
Joe Curry    '63 Spit