Dash Lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dash Lights
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
My newly restored TR6 is suffering from very poor illumination of
the instruments.  I have a feeling I will have to hold a flashlight for
night driving.

One problem appears to be that not all the lights work - something I will
sort out.  However, perhaps a more major concern is that the rheostat that
controls the dimness is not functioning.  If I turn/twist the rheostat
knob there is no variance in brightness/dimness.  The only control the
rheostat seems to have is to make the lights come on in one or two points
throughout the turn/twist.  Also, when I remove the rheostat knob, the
metal shaft of the rheostat is quite warm.

Any advice, other than new flashlight batteries?

Robert Carley
73TR6
Ontario, Canada