Vanity PLates

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vanity PLates
From: vitesse@juno.com (Hugh R McAleer)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 14:03:56 EDT
Sorry, but can't help jumping into the fray...

The 250 wears 68 250, has been on there for 14 years or so.  The '73 Stag
has 73STAG.  The '71 has been claimed by my wife and she put a
conservation plate on it.  But the one that catches most eyes is the one
on my everyday driver truck.  It wears GATRA1 = Georgia Triumph
Association 1....the name of the Georgia club and my membership number.

To answer the question of costs....here in Georgia it costs $50 to order
the tag ( every 7 years ) and then it is an additional $25 tax every year
to keep the tag on the car.  Add that to the $12 a year
tax/registration....not too bad really.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, owned since 1980