Re: Spit HP (was emissions)

To: tomomalley@hey.net
Subject: Re: Spit HP (was emissions)
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 9 Oct 97 8:48:34
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom O¹Malley wrote:

>>In fact, I might consider trading some really neato door guard beams
for a pair of S.U.s.  Just thinking of your safety, you understand...
Can't stomach the idea of all you chaps lying about with no legs.<<

Tom, if you actually want to go the dual SU route, I can recommend it.  I*ve
got *em
(HS4s) on my Spitfire, and they make a nice difference.  Very
easy to install and maintain, too.  John Kipping in England set me up -- with
the intake manifold, used carbs, heat shield and new needles, all for $250.
Cleaned *em
up and stuck *em on the car.  Here*s the info (courtesy of Rich Ceraldi):

John Kipping Triumph Spares
(Herald, Vitesse, Spitfire, GT6) - Free Catalogue
Parrots Grove,
421 Aldermans Green Road
Coventry,
CV2 1NP

Phone (01203) 645333
Fax   (01203) 645030
Actually, from the US, it's something like 011-441-203-645333
http://www.kipping.co.uk/contact.html

Of course, I do own 100% of this company, I just go across the pond occasionally
for tea and crumpets and to check on all the money my chaps are making for me,
so you may want to view my recommendation with some caution...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6