Re: Weber DCOE

To: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>, "jon paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DCOE
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 18:52:11 -0700
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Year:1965
Location: USS Independence (CVA-62), somewhere in the South China Sea
Mission: Flight of a top secret aircraft

As the crew stood in silence, a dark shape approached the ship from astern.
Heading in low and slow this unknown aircraft flew to amidships and hovered
just a few feet above the deck. As we waited for this plane to fall out of
the sky, it flew to the bow then it flew backwards to the fantail, back to
amidships then left ro right. Finally, it slowly it came to rest on the
flightdeck. Upon restart, a puff of black smoke rose from the plane,
nothing happened. Another puff of smoke, still nothing. Then the plane was
pushed to the side and tied down. Seems the Brits only brought two
shotshells with them.

Just think, if the TR's were fired-up by shotshells, we all would be in a
world of shit.

Have pictures

Mark

<hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>