SB42 update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SB42 update
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 97 10:25:23 PDT
All,

        SB42 update ... or lack of an update.  Regulations
require the Governor. to sign any bills within 3 weeks of it being
placed on his desk.  That gives Pete Wilson until Oct 13
to sign SB42.  We will know by Oct 13 at the latest what will
happen on this bill.

        Note that the Gov. has the right to veto the bill,
or refuse to sign it, but both will have the same affect.

        After speaking with some concerned owners at the recent
British Car Day in San Diego, there is some confusion about
what is a "1974" or what is a "1973" car.  If Sb42 comes
into being, 1973-model-year cars will be exempt from smog testing
in Calif, but 1974-model-year-cars will have to be smogged until
2004.  Here is where it gets interesting; some TR6s which have a
build date of 1973 were sold as 1974-model-year cars; they have
the rubber overriders, but they do not have EGR valves.  These
cars will not be exempted by SB42.  I wonder what the State Referee
will say about these cars because they do not have an EGR valve?

        Shane Ingate in San Diego