Re: turn signal swap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: turn signal swap
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 07:48:03 -0700
Andrew L. writes:
>Does anybody know whether the late-Spit turn-signal/headlight-dimmer/horn
>unit (from '79 and '80?) is a bolt-in replacement for the turn-signal unit
>on an early Spit/GT6
        <  snip  >
Nope, afraid not.  The later Spitfires use the column similar to the TR7.
I have to say it, but why not use the gear lever switch used on MK4's and
MK 3 GT6's.  That's what I used on my GT6, and although not strictly stock,
I don't have the mistaken lever problem.  You will need a shift lever for
the O.D. box ( I ended up making one) and the Knob and switch, plus a
little wiring, but you would have the re-wiring situation anyway.  Yes its'
slightly more work, but it is a bolt on affair.
How many relevance point's do I get?