Re: lambda oxygen sensor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lambda oxygen sensor
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 04:50:58 GMT
On 7 Oct 1997, Andrew Linkens wrote:

> I'm thinking of installing a lambda oxygen sensor with a gauge under the
> dashboard to constantly monitor the oxygen in the fuel mixture.
> 1) Has anyone on the list added a gauge - if so have you any details please?

See:
        http://home.sn.no/home/egilk/t_tune.html

The signals from the sensor are very weak, so it is important to ensure a
good electrical connection. I use a shielded cable, and connect the centre
conductor to the sensor and the shield to the lambda sensor body.

> Also, are there places that sell the sensor in the UK?

Sorry, can't help you here. You should try to get a universal type
sensor, they ought to cost around GBP 20.

> 2) How easy is it to attach to a standard cast iron manifold?

Haven't tried that. You should try to find an area of sufficient
thickness, then drill and tap M18x1.5. Problem is that the area really
needs to be flat to get a gas tight seal. So it is probably easier and
better to weld a suitable nut to the exhaust pipe, close to the manifold.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway