RE: TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:35:53 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dan,

Thanks a lot for this information!

Given your description, it does indeed seem quite simple to do. I think
I prefer the connection with the light to originate at point "B", that
way if I have the O/D switch on but am in first or second gear, the
light will be off. This could be argued either way but I think that's
the way I prefer it (for now).

The yellow/purple wire is actually quite accessibel for me right now as
my interior is out save for the driver's seat (until I fix the O/D). So
this is a perfect time to make this enhancement.

BTW, I assume the light will not affect the operation of the o/d's
electrical circuit? In Bentley it states that the current going to the
solenoid shoudl be a value like 2 amps or something (whatever it is mine
was drawing this current when I tested it earlier this summer).

As for the label on the lamp cover, I am gald to hear it is so simple
because looking in the catalogs (Moss and VB are the only ones I have
handy now) these are not readily available.

Thanks again!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada