Re: Competition Preparation Manuals

To: Chip Mautz <cmautz@mindspring.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Competition Preparation Manuals
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 12:30:56 -0400 "Competition Preparation Manuals" (Oct 7, 12:25pm)
> Subject: Competition Preparation Manuals
>
> Does anybody know if there was a Competition Preparation Manual put out for
the Spitfire MKIV or 1500?
> What about the Competition Parts List?
>
> I was reading the TSOA bulletin from 1975 and saw that they offered them for
the MKI-III models.

They were available for both the Mark IV and the 1500. I have copies
in my collection somewhere. I don't know if they are still available.
The Mark IV manual was similar to the earlier cars, but ISTR that the
1500 didn't have a cover on it like the earlier ones.

> Are any still available, for all model Spitfires?

You might check with either TRF or Herb Hummer at VTR.

>-- End of excerpt from Chip Mautz

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com