Transporting an LBC

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Transporting an LBC
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:03:21 -0400
Cc: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
I just hauled a '73 Stag about 400 miles. The best prices and setup I found
locally was with Ryder. They will rent a "package" including a 15-foot
truck
and a flatbed trailer for around $40 per day plus $.20 a mile. I'm not sure
exactly how they ended up figuring it our, but it cost me around $225 for
the 800-mile round-trip.

Make sure you get the flat-bed type trailer and not the one with rails. If
any
parts fall off you won't lose 'em.   :-)   There's no winch, so you may
need
to push the beast onto the trailer, or if it runs you can just drive it up.

It's interesting to note that the trailer has a couple of large signs
saying that
one should not exceed 45MPH with the trailer. Right. On the NY State
Thruway.
Right.

IMHO, this is probably the best way to do it.

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       brucekro@aol.com