Re: New pistons for my 60' TR3A

To: <RBuckner@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New pistons for my 60' TR3A
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:48:55 -0700
There should be no need for mail order or the time delay that comes with
it. You just might find it cheaper to bore the cylinders to 87mm and
install "AE" (Action Engineering) pistons. Any piston & ring shop can get
them, most import parts stores carry them (if not in the store, then the
warehouse).

MAX-option--There is a "Dodge" piston (88mm)(about $20) that with the
installation of new small end bushings and reaming to fit the Dodge piston
pin can get you up and running for about $50 a hole. What piston is it? It
is up to you to research. Start at a good Piston & ring shop.

SUPER-MAX-option--Channel chrome the cylinders and use cast iron rings
(replace the rings every year, on the weekend that your mother-in-law
visits).

Randy; Try never to pay the price to keep that baby running. There are
options!!

Mark