Re: Engine tear-down stanfd problem

To: turner@public.se, DHoward@jht.com
Subject: Re: Engine tear-down stanfd problem
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:30:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-10-04 13:31:31 EDT, turner@public.se writes:

<< Anyway listers, my problem is that I can't see how to get the engine to
 sit on the engine stand, which has got four adjustable members, each
 with a perpendicular cylindrical tube about 2" long and 1" in diameter.
 These, I assume, are supposed to engage in suitable apertures in the
 back end of the block. Thing is, I've got the clutch and backplate off
 but I just can't see any suitable apertures. Not only is there a
 distinct shortage of suitability, there is also an almost complete
 absence of apertures. There are two circular indentations at the back of
 the head, but they're only about a quarter inch deep and anyway, the
 head's coming off. >>

The engine does not usually sit on an engine stand, rather it bolts to the
stand.
Try positioning the four adjustable members so that you can bolt through the
short tubes into four of the bolt holes on the rear of the engine which are
used to  attach the tranny to the block.  You will need to position the
engine at the stand with a hoist of some kind.  Set the adjustable arms to
line up with four bolt holes, two near top, two near bottom.  Bolt on.  It's
a little scarey the first time.  I still don't want my feet under it when I
lower the hoist !!
Bob Paul