more paint pointers, please

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: more paint pointers, please
From: "Hall, Scott" <halls@fdhc.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:16:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Scions,

While we were on the subject of painting, I thought I'd ask my own
questions.  I'm going to paint my car, and when I say "I", I mean I'd
like to do it all by myself.  The car needs some bodywork and rust
removal.  How about a rundown from someone who's done this before on
what I need and how I need to do it.  I have a 5 hp/25 gallon
compressor.  Is that big enough?  What's a good paint gun, etc.?
Bodywork/dent removal tips?  I've read lots about this in magazines, any
essential books I should read?  Real world experience the books don't
mention?  The car isn't a daily driver, and I have lots of time, so
mistakes won't be a big deal.  I'm looking at this more like a learning
experience, and this car is the test bed to practice on.

Awaiting enlightenment,

Scott