Re: tr6 door locks & panels

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 door locks & panels
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:55:46 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter Zaborski wrote:

> snip...
>
> Unlike the catalogs from all of the big 3 which illustrate springs under
> both the window handles _and_ the door handles. Looking at the insides
> of the door panels (original) there are very obvious spring marks only
> around the holes for the window handles and no marks at all around the
> dorr handle holes ndicating the car never had any springs under the door
> handles. Anyone else notice this on their TR6s? I wonder if it's a late
> car trait only?
>
>> Peter Zaborski
> 76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
> Calgary AB Canada

Peter:

My '70 TR6 had original springs in both the door and window
handles.  This kept constant preasure on the black plastic cap which
fits between the handle and the trim pannel, thus maintaining
a tight fit/seal of the trm and the handle.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6

BTW:  Had a fantastic time at the Eastern Regional VTR meet in
      Camp Hill, PA this past weekend. The Central PA Triumph Club,
      which I am a member, did an outstanding job. Pleanty of
      activities, great company, fantastic cars, and the weather
      couldn't have been better.