TRF

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TRF
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:49:17 -0600
Just finished placing an order at TRF to get the stuff I wanted from
their Summer Companion Flyer (which I received only last week). As usual
a bunch of stuff I wanted was not available. That's ok, but here is the
amusing/intersting part.

When I asked what my total was part way through the order, the sales
person I was speaking with informed me that he would not be able to give
me that info. What! I said? Surely your computer must have the running
total in front of you? No he said the total won't be available until the
order is input by data processing! Visions of some midnight shift
operator with a stack of computer punch cards came to my mind at this
point.

And we wonder why they don't have a web site!

Has anyone actually been to their office? I wonder what it looks like? I
was quite surprised that the order person was unable to provide me with
a running total of my order that's for sure.

BTW, before anyone proceeds to shred me for dissing TRF, that is not how
I meant this observation to come accross. I like their parts (for the
most part). My beefs with them are:
1. Constantly out of stock
2. Reluctance to enter the modern age (ie live order system, web site)

Just MHO...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada