Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #699 Sat Jun 28 09:48:22 MDT 1997

To: jacad@cam.org, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #699 Sat Jun 28 09:48:22 MDT 1997
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 12:54:20 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-29 09:35:58 EDT, jacad@CAM.ORG (Barry Shefner)
writes:

> Only problem is that the judges in a concours competition will not offer
>  details on originality (at least that was last years policy at VTR96 in
>  Albany) They won't tell you why where you lost your points for non
>  originality so you must rely on other helpfull owners to point these
>  things out.

Barry, the reason for this is that some @#%$*'s in the past got into heated
(read NOT NICE) arguments with the judges.  The judges felt that it was too
much of a hassle.  By not telling the  participants what the marks off were
there could be no more arguments.  This whole policy is under review at
present.  I mean - we are talking millions of dollars in prize money here!
;-).   So if we all could be ladies and/or gentlemen and accept the judge's
rulings, the judges (volunteers all) might be willing to share their
findings.

>  I must admit, I got plenty of great pointers from some
>  pretty knowledgeable "ANAL" enthusiasts as you refer to them. Enjoy your
>  car and don't take the comments as critiques of your car ....all the guy
>  is trying to do is be helpfull or in fact learn something from you
>  about originality.
>
>  Barry Shefner
>  59 TR3A OTS 57675
>  Gold Award winner 1996 VTR Concourse (386 points and very proud of it
>  for a first attempt)

Congrats.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner - daily driving's my thing - so
original with "patina" of wear)