Re: Brake MastCyl Tipping Valve Nut <Pine.SOL.3.95q.97062709

To: David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: Brake MastCyl Tipping Valve Nut <Pine.SOL.3.95q.970627091645.26592A-100000@panther.uwo.ca>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 19:35:58 PDT
Cc: Rikrock@aol.com, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>David M Brock said:
 > I looked for the "1/2" Hex Socket" at two local places, and found nothing.

 > I cooked this up:  I got a 6" hex bolt, and bent it to look like a "J"
 > (hex at the top) and grabbed the bottom (hook) in a vice.

Just for future reference, another thing you can do (that seems not to have
been mentioned) is to get a couple of inches of hex bar stock of the
appropriate size, stick one end in a 1/2" socket and the other in your nut.

This is, in fact. what the "1/2" Hex Socket"[1] really is.

If you couldn't find what you needed at two local places, my humble opinion is
you need better places.  These goodies should be a stock item at all decent
tool stores.

  --berry

[1] synax error on line 11: unbalanced quotes.  Core dumped.

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center