TR6 parts wanted

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 parts wanted
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:18:40 -0400
Hello.
Thank you all for helping to solve the dilemma of my "new" TR6.  It is
working fine now.  You can't beat the work of a competent mechanic,
IMHO.  My next jobs (in order):
1) Paint and body work - is there now, will be done Friday !
2) Front End Work - get the play in the steering checked out
3) Suspension - get the lean fixed - will prob. need springs
4) Carbs - At least one is leaking fuel.  Also, idle is too high.
5) Then I can concentrate on the interior.  I'm putting in a new dash,
and fixing the elecrical sytem, or at least I'll die trying ! The DPO
installed toggles in place of a non-working wiper switch and headlight
arm.  I'd like to get it back to where it should be.  Then, I'll do the
door panels, and carpeting.
Stuff I need, if anyone is willing to sell from their parts car or
whatever:
1) Convertible top stowage cover in nice shape
2) Tranny cover (goes under dash, covers the tranny I think)
3) Window and door handles, and the hardware
4) If anyone has door panels in good shape, I'd like to buy these.
5) Black sun visors and mounting stuff thereof
6) Working headlight switch assembly

Does anyone have experience changing the black rubber seal/trim that is
on the outside of the windshield?  Mine is pretty torn up, and I wonder
is this is something I could do, or should I take it to a professional.
Also, is that material available?
Thanks to all !!
Sirmoog
'71 TR6 (running)