Wheel paint quandry

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel paint quandry
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 26 Jun 97 11:13:31
A few months ago I painted some TR7 wheels that I fit (fitted?) to my
Spitfire, and after having blasted them, I applied ªSilver Argentª paint
I had gotten from Eastwoods.  The problem, however, was that it was
not until after I had applied several coats AND coated them with clear
lacquer that I realized the paint is just the WRONG DANG COLOR.  Too
dark and too grey.  I have been wanting to repaint the wheels (more
difficult now with the tires on!), but I have put off the job because I can
not figure out the best way of stripping off at least the lacquer top coat --
short of taking off the tires and heading back to the blast cabinet.  Any ideas
out there?  Is there a chemical ªlacquer stripperª available, or
something I can use that won¹t hurt my pricey Yokohamas?  T-I-A ...

--
Martin ªpaintboyª Secrest