Re: TR4a Question

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4a Question
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:14:48 -0400
There is a small (about 4" long) metal backing plate that is screwed to the
back of the grab handle where you actually "grab" the handle. THIS PART IS
UNAVAILABLE, ANYWHERE. I searched long and hard for one when I re-assembled my
'4. Finally had to buy a parts car to get one! You may have to find a hoarder
of TR parts to get one.

I tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to fabricate the part out of aluminum..
BTW, the lower crash pad for the right side is supplied (I think) with the 3
stainless screws to fasten the plate.

There is a part number for a TR4... 611363... it's called a "Finisher, facia
crash pad". You might check a TR4A factory spare parts catalogue... the part
numbers are probably the same.

Good luck...