Re: Bumpers and over-riders for Mk1 Spitfire

To: Chris Leah <crl@iafrica.com>
Subject: Re: Bumpers and over-riders for Mk1 Spitfire
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 01:59:08 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Chris Leah wrote:

> Greetings fellow listers.
> A friend of mine has just bought a Mk1 Spitfire and is undertaking a full
>body off restoration. The car was originally imported into Zimbabwe from the
>UK and was sold after the death of the owner who had retired here in South
>Africa. Needs a fair amount of work apart from a total paint job and new
>interior.
> However, one of the problems is that the front and rear bumpers and
>over-riders are missing. I have been told that these items are like the
>proverbial hens teeth.
> Does anyone on the list know if these are available as aftermarket parts ....
>My Moss, Rimmer and TRGB catalogues don't list them.
> I'd be grateful for any leads.
> In anticipation,
> Chris Leah
> Durban, South Africa
> 1966 Spitfire Mk2

Hello Chris... I <<<<MAY>>>> still have the over-riders for the
"Spitfire4" aka Spitfire MK1 ...   I will look and see... (used of
course)  If I don't have them... They might have gone with a bunch of
used parts I gave to a TR friend ...  so I can check with him... I'll
let you know.

I'm sure shipping to South Africa won't be cheap...  but if I have
them... I'm not lookin' for much money... I'll look tomorrow and let ya
know.

Justin
jmwagner@hotmail.com
Los Angeles