The Incredible Shrinking TR3A Nose

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Incredible Shrinking TR3A Nose
From: Dave Garron <bugeye@neca.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:05:49 -0400
Howdy All...

It's been quite a while since I've sent submitted anything for your
perusal, in accordance with my new policy of "if it's not worth saying,
don't say it", but recently something occured to upset the perfection
of my LBC life.  I was recently test fitting the (slightly rumpled)
grille to my latest TR3A, TS26392, and it seemed quite a bit too large
for the opening.  I went and checked the fit with a spare nose (vintage
unknown) with the same results, but it slipped right into the nose from
good ole TS39550.  Anyone ever run into this?  Are aftermarket grilles
the wrong size?  Are aftermarket noses the wrong size?  I know that the
contour of the upper lip changed a little in later TR3A's, but I thought
that would have been around the time the lettering changed.  All three
of my noses have the perpendicular hole pattern for the ribbed-face
lettering.

Along the same vein, are the TRF/Moss replacement grilles any good?

Dave