throw-out bearing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: throw-out bearing
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 21:47:03 -0500 (CDT)
I have been wrestling with my tr-6 transmission (with A-type overdrive).  I
took it out, installed a new throw-out bearing and just completed the
re-installation.  After this is all over I'm sitting around thinking and
notice an old bearing from another transmission.  I compare it to the broken
one I just replaced and they are differant lengths.  (I don't know what the
old transmission came out of but I always assumed it came from a tr-6).  I
bought the new one from a TRF flyer and it seemed there was only one choice.

Someone out there tell me there is only one throw-out bearing for all models
of tr-6!?  I do not want to look at the catalogues right now!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa