RE: what car to buy

To: <eburger@sagelink.com>
Subject: RE: what car to buy
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 12:51:37 -24000
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
responding to Ed Burger's query about the "best" British car for the least
money:

I've had a number of British cars, and keep up with current prices.

IMHO, the Spitfire is probably the best combo of performance/price, followed
by the TR7 and MGB/MG midgets.  Large quantities of these cars were made, and
are still available in good condition in the price range you mention.

I've seen Spitfires in good condition recently with less than 40k miles for
$3500, but you can pick a running version with a good body up for $1500 to
$2000.  Models needing some body work go for considerably less.

Internet places to find cars for sale (search under the addresses mentioned)

Vintage Triumph Register web page vtr.org

Tradin' Post web page traderonline.com  [go to ads and run a nationwide
search]

Specialcar.com

Places to get catalogs:

The Roadster Factory  (see list at the Sons of Lucas web page)

Victoria British

Moss Motors

Also go by a bookstore and pick up a Hemming's Motor News, and look in the
"T" section.

Good luck!
regards,

Sean Johnson