Re: Quarters in tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Quarters in tank
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:02:49 -0500
Tom,

   The ideas that quarters were put in the gas tank intentionally is ludicrous.

   Believe me, some kids very propably having some fun with your Spitfire.

   About 10 years ago, while playing in a softball tournament, someone had
a similar idea.  For the next two days, my TR250 would lose fuel pressure
and die.  A few minutes later, she'd pick up and go.  I finally removed the
tank to find
six inches of a 12 inch wooden ruler.  the kind with the metal tip on the
end to help it to sink to the fuel outlet.

                                Steve