Found the Pony!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Found the Pony!
From: Scott Paisley <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:32:36 -0600
I've resolved most of my problems with the '75 TR6.  It has been a
long road, but through it all I was able to find the pony under all
the pookie. :-)

After an top end rebuild, new cam, new valves, 9.5:1 compression, new
low end bearings after crushing the one with the thrust washers, new
thrust washers, pushrod saga, fuel in the oil, carb rebuild, new fuel
pump, running rich, failing emissions, I managed to get the car to

 1) PASS EMISSIONS, and 2) Registered as a Classic vehicle.

This was awesome.  What a GREAT feeling!!!  To get the car to lean
out, I had to back the temp compensator out while on an exhaust gas
analyzer.  It was pumping out 3.8% CO, and I mearly touched the temp
compensator nut about 1/8th a turn, and it dropped to 1.5%.  Passing
is 3.5%.  Drove it to a test station and presto it PASSED.  Yay!

It still has a miss, but I'm narrowing that down.  The classic plates
are nice, as it means 1) I never have to get emissions done again, and
2) it's registered for the next FIVE years.  It's nice that I can work
on the car on MY time table for a change.

Now all I need is to get my seats back from the seat lady.  :-)

Cheers,

-Scotty '75TR6