'79 Spit idling problems

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '79 Spit idling problems
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:19:29 -0400
I have a 79 Spit too.  I had the same problem.  I have taken the
automatic
choke apart several times.  I think that it may be sticking.  I think
that
I will get the manual choke adapter.  I tried taking a manual choke off
a 75 spit but there is a flange that was added to the latter models that
make this conversion difficult.  Check out a Moss catalog.  You will
find
a manual choke conversion kit there.  Keep in mind that this is a bit of
a guess.
I hope that someone out there can give me (us) some insight on this
topic.
Dave