special tools for O/D?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: special tools for O/D?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:27:24 -0600
Sorry first one had a rather vague description...

Does anyone know what could be subbed for the special tool required to
remove/replace the three plugs in a J-type O/D unit? The plugs are
accessed when the o/d sump is removed. They house the dashpot, oil pump
and non-return valve, and pressure filter.

The plugs are round with two holes into which the "prongs" of the tool
would be inserted and then the tool would be turned. Although each plug
appears to be a different size, the tool required is the same for each
one (ie. the two holes into which the business end of the tool engages
are the same orientation on each plug. I don't know what shape the two
holes on the plugs are. Has anyone done this already? I can't recall the
special tool part number but in any event I am sure I can find something
more local.

Any help appreciated.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)