Re: SPIT BRAKES

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SPIT BRAKES
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:30:15 -0100
At 21:57 15-06-97 -0400, david r simpson wrote:
>       Hi List
>I need some help, I was going to bleed the brakes on a 76 Spitfire
>I am unable to get the rear bleeder screws loose. I got one of
>the front loose. but destroyed the other. Will have to remove the
>caliper to try to remove what is left of it. Any help and insight
>would be greatly appreciated.  I have been spraying the screws with
>WD40 sincee Friday but no luck.

Those bleedin' nipples *rot*, don't they? ;-)

I wouldn't bother with stuck nipples, since it's not unlikely that the rest
of the cylinder is shot as well. Last time I bought some rear brake
cylinders (two months ago) they were about $15.- each, complete. Hardly
worth having a look at the old ones...

Eric
The Netherlands
('77 Spit 1500, with excellent brakes now ;-)