RE: Visual web resource

To: "Johnston, Leif" <leifj@proxicom.com>
Subject: RE: Visual web resource
From: Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:24:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
If you have visited Moss Motor's home page at www.mossmotors.com, you
will find they have the TR6 catalog on-line,as well as some of the MG's.
Their is a source of images for the TR6, <italic>IF MOSS WOULD NOT MIND
AND PROPER THANKS TO THEM WAS INCLUDED</italic>. Its in Adobe format, but
the Adobe reader is free and they have a pointer to it also. I like
having these on-line. I printed a pages this weekend to "scribble" on.
Also, they have their price list on-line as well. I would like to see
them put the 2-4A on-line also.

At 12:06 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Actually Adam, I was thinking of a different approach that is fairly

>labor intensive on the front and then much simpler.

>If a resource for say a TR4 (since that is the object of my struggles)

>was fully documented in a series of drill down images(using image
mapped

>gif diagrams or 3d stuff in macromedia) all parts could be located and

>then their functions, disgnostics etc could be stored in an associated

>database.  Variations on the statndards could be coupled with the

>baslein docuement by input from a group of owners.  The result would
be

>a full hypermedia interactive maintenance manaual.  I did somthing

>similar for a Government client seeking to phase out books.

>So to use this tool you could click on the TR4 picture, open the hood,

>lick on the battery ans find that it is 12 volt positve ground as

>shipped with screw in terminals but common changes have included

>aftermarket terminals and change to negative ground.  You could click
on

>the solenoid and see it and understand the little push button. Or on
the

>stock carbs and see the variations, etc.

>It would be a neat project if and anyone would be interested in
helping