Re: TR6 work manual question

Subject: Re: TR6 work manual question
From: "Atwell Haines" <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 97 00:00:01 PDT
Trevor,
Do we have the same Bentley manual?

----------
Trevor wrote,
>   The best part about those manuals is the redundancy. A Haynes manual
> will show you how to take your whole dash about, and how to take your
> whole carb apart. But if what you want to do is change your
> choke cable, you have to kind of interpolate exactly what needs
> removing.
>
>   The bentley manual will have like job 50.30.16, removing
> choke cable. TURN THIS NUT. MOVE THIS BRACKET. UNSCREW THIS.
> REMOVE CABLE. REPLACE CABLE. SCREW THIS NUT. MOVE THIS
> BRACKET. TURN THIS NUT. All done.

_My_ Bentley says:   TURN NUT (see 50.20.16) >>Remove engine for access.<<
MOVE THIS BRACKET (see 76.16.05) >>76.16.05 says Remove engine cover
(86.20.98)To remove cover, remove seats(86.35.15), gearchange(25.28.90) and
instrument panel (76.25.90). REMOVE CABLE. REPLACE CABLE. Etc Etc...
By the time I'm halfway into an operation, I've got 20 bookmarks in the darn
manual.   And, I invariably drop it at least once.   <<sigh>> Seems as if they
do it that way to distribute the grease evenly across all the pages!

But don't get me wrong, I HAVE seen worse manuals (try a factory Ford manual
that covers six models sometime). <<g>>

Atwell Haines (knuckles busted and cross-eyed)
'79 Spitfire FM96062
'88 Lotus Esprit
'88 Mustang 5.0

CarBuff@scooter.net