Wiring for 76 TR6

To: Triumph Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wiring for 76 TR6
From: "Steven B. Claflin" <Claf@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 11:02:08 -0400
Wiring for 76 TR6

I've got a new wiring harness for my 76 TR6.  Since its been over a year
since I took the old one out, and it got lost with switches attached, and
I've only got the Bentley manual to work from (you can get some of the
information, some of the time), I've run into a few probems:

First, the wires that go to the solenoid.  I believe that the white/orange
double wire should go the the 12 o'clock terminal that is on the battery
positive connection; the white red to the 1 o'clock terminal, and the
white/yellow to the 3 o'clock connection.  Problem is, the male connector
at 12 o'clock is much larger than the female on the white/orange--do I need
to replace this with a smaller one?

Next, the manual says the headlight dip switch should have blue/white,
blue/red, blue, and purple wires--I've got blue/white, blue/red, brown and
brown/red (or brown/orange).  Where do the brown and brown/red go?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Steve Claflin