5-speeds, ign.lamp,sign-off

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5-speeds, ign.lamp,sign-off
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:37:04 PDT
Hi, all.

I do intend to finish my 5-speed project by the end of summer.  This is
a TR7 five-speed in my GT6+.  No machine work will be required--same
size pilot bush, extra length of input shaft taken up by adapter plate,
TR7 clutch disc only change to clutch assembly. Some trimming will be
necessary to frame rails, but I can't see it being as much as Barry has
had to do--of course, he isn't using a Triumph engine.  The TR7 box
seems to be narrower and taller than most 5-speeds I've seen--it does
have an oil pump, after all.  Once this is done, a Spitfire will be
converted--I have two friends that want theirs done.  A 2000 Saloon is
in line as well.  A TR6 should be easy-- no prospects for a prototype
(yet).
As for the charge lamp, 12.2 volts is below battery voltage of approx.
13.5 volts- 12.2 is below the cutout voltage for the lamp.  The gen.
needs freshening IMHO.  Or perhaps a control box needs tweaking?
I will be leaving the list Friday.  I won't be back until futher
notice--hopefully before summer is out.  Losing access--rats!!
You can email me if you wish c/o luttd@primenet.com
I will keep y'all posted on my 5-speed story.
Thanks

Scott Kohl