Re: An innocent question

To: "Johnston, Leif" <leifj@proxicom.com>
Subject: Re: An innocent question
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:12:17 -0700
Cc: "'thefryes@iconn.net'" <thefryes@iconn.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Johnston, Leif wrote:

> Thanks for the pep talk.  That was my thought but methodical and I
> aren't best friends.
>
> I was thinking of soldering with heat shrinks.  What did you do with
> fusible links.  I was thinking of droping them and ignoring the change
> but that is probably a bad idea.  Is there a resistance analysis on them
> so I could replace with a fuse connector?
>
> Where can I find a wiring diagram?  And how do I know the original gauge
> other than by look?
>
> Thought appreciated
> Leif

Leif...

Our car's electrical system isn't that sophisticated... you won't find
much in the way of fusible links... etc..

You should have a Haynes Manual or a Factory Manual if you are planning
on keeping that car on the road... both have a diagram... so does the
the glove box manual...

If money is tight for you at this time... I can xerox one and send it to
you... but you really should buy one...  YOu might call some local used
book stores too... I see old manuals in their "automotive" sections all
the time.

I'll leave it to others to answer your technical electrical questions...
I have never run into a need to go beyond a continuity tester on my TR
4A's...  except for adjusting the regulator!

Regarding fuse connectors...  You can stick to the original in regards
to fuses...  ...but I know the temptation to put in a larger fuse box so
that one fuse won't wipe out half the car...   that's something you'll
have to decide for yourself... I just recommend any changes you make
that are non-stock... you do it in such a way that it can easily be put
back to original...

where are you located Leif?  Let the group know... there might be
someone close that can help ya out.

Justin
jmwagner@greenheart.com
Los Angeles