Vacuum leak check

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vacuum leak check
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 19:36:45 -0700
Here's how to check for vacuum leaks:

Run your engine at idle.  It is then at high vacuum.  Spray a small
squirt of carb cleaner at all vacuum connections:  Hoses, fittings, carb
base, intake manifold to head, throttle shafts, etc.  If you detect ANY
change in RPM (usually a momentary increase), you have found a vacuum
leak.

You will be amazed where you find them.  Especially at the intake to
head area.  Use appropriate measures to cure the problems.  Some are
easy, some are not.  But many SOLers have invested many unnecessary
hours and dollars solving other problems that aren't there without FIRST
solving all vacuum leaks.

Do it and get on the list to tell us what you find.  I think we can help
each other out a great deal on this one.

BTW, use caution with the carb cleaner around the exhaust manifold and
other hot parts.

Brian N.