Re: TR6 a/c

To: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 a/c
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:30:58 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill Wood wrote:

> Carol,
>
> If you do take out the a/c in your car, please do so very carefully.  A
> complete a/c system for a TR6 goes for between $400-$900.  Amd there
> usually is a LONG line of people wanting them!
>
> 74 TR6

I have seen COMPLETE, PERFECT a/c systems for sale from $400.00 -
$500.00.
The trouble is, many pieces are often broken or missing.  A good exmple
of
this is the crank pulley.  Most people forget to take that off....it is
a real
bugger.  The other item often missing or broken is the molded plastic
trans
tunnel covers.

One thing to consider, a NEW, Modern system using R-134 can be had for
less
than $1000.00.  With an old system, you'll need a new compressor, hoses,
etc.

I think $250 - $400 is more in line depending on the condition of the
components.

Regards,

Chad Jester