TR6 Water Pump Lubrication

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Water Pump Lubrication
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 15:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

Can anyone out there tell me where the sealing plug is on the water
pump?  The owner's manual and the Bentley manual show a pump that is
different from the one that is actually in my 72.  Oh, and a second
question, Haynes says to give the pump only five strokes of the grease
gun whereas the other two say to go until grease exudes from the weep hole
(where ever that is).  Which is correct?  Thanks in advance.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbounre FL.