Re: A fix for that gap in window trim -

To: Bschwartz@encad.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A fix for that gap in window trim -
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
The old installation instructions from the factory on this bit said to trim
both ends 2-3 inches oversize and tape together for two weeks minimum in warm
weather and do not install until "warm spring" if a "new rubber" is replaced
in winter. THEN trim to butt splice and add clip. But I did the same thing
with my TR6...two clips... Until I got a set of the early TR4 stainless
windshield trim. Not avail for the GT6hatch (which I also own) but sure wish
some industrious sort would take this one on. l'd put down money now. It is
aggravated by the fact that the reproduction seals (rubber) and not the same
durometer (hardness) as the originals and thus bulge more readily effectively
expanding the seal path for the trim strip. Harder to install but the old
windshield rubber was a 10 year survivor easily...sometime 15 or more if
garaged. CAn't same the same for ANY repro rubber on the market. Installed my
last factory rubber seal last year. If there are more out there I will buy
one. Anyone have one for sale?Smile.
Bill Burroughs, So West VTR National Rep, 70 TR6, 68 TR250, 59 TR3A,
73 MKIV, 69 GT6+ and two 65 TR4A Vintage Race cars. Happy Motoring!