Re: A/C comments

To: JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A/C comments
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-04 22:06:20 EDT, JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net (Carol
Zingone) writes:

<<  have A/C in my LBC (Sybill), and it doesnt' work.  Not only that, but
 from what I can garner, it sucks the life out of the engine, and the rag
 tops don't help keep the cooler air in.  So, I'll probably pull mine out
 in the near future, if for no other reason, than to dump the weight !

 Carol Z.
 74 TR6 >>

Carol -
My first TR6 was a 74  with "factory"(dealer installed) AC which I owned
for a few years in the late 70s. I lived in Mississippi at the time (it gets
REALLY HOT) and the only time it failed to keep me cool was one day
when I got stuck in traffic in Memphis when the temp was over 100 and the
car just .. well ..overheated. I can even remember running the ac on high
with
top down, tonneau cover closed over the passenger side and being really
cool from about the armpits down.
In any case,  if you decide to take it out I would really like to buy part of
it
from you. I have acquired most of an original TR6 ac system i intend to
put in my 73 that I'm  restoring. I believe the only part I'm missing is
the lower fan belt pulley.

Cheers !
Jack Mc
73 TR6 CF870U (world's longest running TR6 restoration)