FW: Re: Spit MkIII Carb problem

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: Spit MkIII Carb problem
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:43:16 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 56  global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 58]

     Date: Wed, 28 May 97 11:52:00 PDT
     From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
     Subject: Re: Spit MkIII Carb problem

Sounds like the float valve is sticking shut, used to happen on my GT6.  I
replaced both of them with Grose jets and it never happened again.

Mike

Help!!!

After an excellent weekend at the Standard-Triumph European Rally in the
Netherlands (I can safely say that I was the only "federal" ex-USA MkIII
there), I had a less than successful trip home - 9 hours to go 100 miles
and the final 80 done on the back of a Europ Assistance tow truck.....

The problem is simple - randomly (and frequently on Sunday evening), the
car will simply lose power and die on the spot, necessitating an instant
pulling over on the motorway. The reason - the float chamber on the carb
furthest away from the fuel pump is empty. The other is OK. Turn the
engine a few times with the HT lead from the coil disconnected to fill
the chamber and off I go for another 5 minutes until......

All pipes look OK, no blockages. I've replaced the fuel pump which seems
to work fine i.e. fuel spurts out of the pipes when disconnected with the
engine turning over, yet no change.

Can anybody suggest anything because I need to use this car every day and
at the moment I daren't leave the garage!!

Bern.