re: surrey top

To: "triumph digest" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: surrey top
From: "Zempel David" <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: 2 Jun 1997 07:56:50 -0700
>Was curious about the surrey top on a TR4a. I have heard different stories
>during the past month. One side says if you can find one, it will fit any
>TR4. Other side says cars had somethng unique on the back lid that prevents
>some from being fitted with this. Any help in clarifying would be
>appreciated.

I'm not totally clear on this question.  However, I have an original '64 TR4
surrey top and I haven't noticed anything unique about the mounting of the
frame.  Other than getting those nuts back on scraped alot of skin off my
nuckles.  Perhaps are you referring to the top?  Again, nothing unique.  I've
got a scanned picture if you're interested.  (best to send you're request for
that directly since I don't always have time to keep up on the postings).

Dave Zempel.