New style DCOE question

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New style DCOE question
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 14:16:00 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have the new style DCOEs on the TR3 I'm bringing back to life.  The Weber
book only goes up to 1979 DCOEs.  Mine has a couple of extra adjustments
that are capped with plactic caps to prevent tampering.

It is my understanding that the adjustment under the small white caps are
suposed to let air to bipass the dile stuff and on the TR3 these are
supposed to be fully closed.

There are two adjustments more twords the center of each carb that are
covered by a large dark blue plastic cap.  What do these adjustments do?
On a pre-SMOG TR3, where should they be set?

Basically the carbs are taking their own time to drop back off idle and
sometimes may actually increas RPM after the carb'e butterflys have closed.

If I can get the carbs to behave I can drive her.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

A citizen of the internet community since 1986