Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????

Subject: Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????
From: "Atwell Haines" <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 97 11:24:32 PDT
'Lo, Johnny:

----------

> I reckon a sportscar is one that doesn't necessarily have a monster power
> output or handle perfectly,*** but feels like you're going for it
whenever
> you go out***. Noise,draughts (not chess), and a whiff of fuel are all of
> vital importance. It's also got to stand out, Q-cars lose their appeal,

I agree with you on the above.  I've aquired a Spit just because of those
promised qualities. You'd think my Lotus Esprit would provide the same
sensations in spades; well, it does, but its limit of potential is at such
outrageous speeds that RESPONSIBLE people would only wring it out on a
"closed course" (like they disclaim in all those car adverts).

BTW, don't accuse ME of being 'responsible', OK?   And, no, I don't want to
trade.

[[Aside: my problem now is that the Spitfire wont run (SEE: 'Spitfire news
flash"), but only a few more injections of C-notes will rectify THAT
problem.  (Now I know what the D in DPO truly stands for.   Can YOU say
"spaghetti", boys and girls?)]]

So enjoy those 30 mph four wheel drifts......

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire FM96062 (Bush League & Fun)
'88 Lotus Esprit           (Major League & Awesome)
'88 Mustang 5.0          (Did I mention that straightline burnouts can be
fun, too? But the                                                  electrics
always work and it doesn't leak)

CarBuff@scooter.net