GT6 owners - are you interested?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 owners - are you interested?
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 16:33:12 -0700
Every GT6 I've driven, including my own, has a very annoying
sticking spot in the throttle linkage, just off idle. I'm certain
that it's a case of the "universal joint" at the end of one of
the two throttle rods having worn a flat, but I haven't dug
that far.

I know that I *am* fed up with it. So I'm going to do what
Triumph should have done in the first place - fit proper rod ends
(rose joints), one LH and one RH threaded at each end, onto
a (probably stainless) rod. This makes adjusting the geometry
straightforward, and should work much better.

Since I'll have to buy some tooling (LH thread dies) and some
hardware to do this, and since those things are typically cheaper
in bulk, I'd like to know if there are other GT6 owners who
would like to have such a setup, for whatever my cost ends
up to be?

Send mail directly, not to the list, please.