TR4 fuel guage reads low

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumph cars list)
Subject: TR4 fuel guage reads low
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 16:35:24 +0100 (BST)
hi

The fuel guage on my TR4 has always been very pessimistic about the amount of
fuel in the tank - a full tank will register just over half full. The
temperature
guage seems fine.

Is the voltage stabiliser broken? In extreme circumstances I suppose I could
get the car out & take some measurements ...  The sender arm looked ok when I
had
the tank out a couple of years ago; not obviously bent,obstructed or full of
fuel.

--

Regards, Adrian + TR4 (rust hidden by Hammerite)
             adrian_jefferies@x400.icl.co.uk